DCE Jaipur – Department of College Education
Department of Education in Jaipur, Rajasthan !!
The Department of College Education was set up in 1958 for the administration and development of higher education in the State of Rajasthan. However, there were only 40 Colleges (24 Government, 13 Aided, and 3 Unaided) then and the department is now managing 338 Government Colleges, 1852 Unaided Private Colleges, and 1407 BEd colleges (Session 2020-21). The administration is headed by the Commissioner, College Education, Government of Rajasthan, Jaipur. A significant role is being played by the department in bringing about quantitative and qualitative improvement in higher education in the State.
The budget distribution and expenditure in Government Colleges are under the purview of the Commissionerate. The placement of teaching faculty and non-teaching staff in Government Colleges, their service matters, and academic control is dealt with herein. The Commissionerate is also the State Project Directorate (SPD) that helps the Government Colleges and State Universities in obtaining grants from the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) under the Rashtriya Uchhatar Shiksha Abhiyaan (RUSA). Commissionerate aids in implementing Youth development programs like NSS, YDC, Rover-Rangering, NCC, etc.
- Management of Existing Government Colleges
- Opening of New Government Colleges
- Issuing Temporary and Permanent NOC to Open New Private Colleges
- Distribution of Various Scholarships to Students of Higher Education
- Ensuring Quality Higher Education in the State
DCE JAIPUR ADDRESS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
DCE Jaipur Address: VRC4+2JV, Block-IV, Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Shiksha Sankul, Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302015
DCE Jaipur Phone/Contact Number: 0141 270 6106
DCE Jaipur Email ID/Address: email@example.com
DCE Jaipur Fax Number: 0141-2706847
DCE Jaipur Opening Hours:
DCE JAIPUR DIRECTION/LOCATION – DEPARTMENT OF COLLEGE EDUCATION DIRECTION/LOCATION
DCE JAIPUR IMAGES – DEPARTMENT OF COLLEGE EDUCATION IMAGES
COLLEGES UNDER THE COMMISSIONERATE OF COLLEGE EDUCATION IN RAJASTHAN
- 372 Government Colleges
- 2033 Private College
- 1479 BEd Colleges
DCE JAIPUR ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
The Department of Higher Education is being administered at the Secretariat level by Principal Secretary/Secretary, and Joint Secretary. The Commissionerate of College Education is headed by Commissioner (IAS). He is also the State Project Director for the RUSA scheme of the Government of India. There is one Additional Commissioner (RAS), one Financial Advisor (RAcS), one DLR, five Joint Directors (PG Principals), 3 Deputy Directors, and 11 Assistant Directors. There are six zonal offices situated at Ajmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Bikaner, Kota, and Jaipur.
The sections at the Commissionerate are as follows:
A. HRD Section
There is approximately 4500 teaching staff consisting of Principal, Vice-Principal, Assistant/Associate Professors, Librarians, and PTIs. This section deals with the following issues of teaching staff:
- Postings, Promotions, and Transfers
- New Recruitments
- Pay Scales/ Fixation of Salary
- Deciding Seniority
- Departmental Promotion Committee for Cas
- Departmental Enquiries Etc.
B. Planning & Coordination Section
This section undertakes planning and coordination with the State Government and monitors the functioning of Government colleges. It also coordinates the budget and expenditure of Government colleges.
The important functions of the section are as follows:
- Submits Proposals for Opening of New Government Colleges, New Sections, New Faculties and New Subjects in Existing Government Colleges, Creation of New Posts, Up-gradation of Government Colleges From Ug to Pg
Construction and Repair of Buildings of Colleges and Hostels
- Monitoring of Boys/ Students Funds
- Implementation of Budget Announcements, Cm Announcements, Cm Directions, Etc.
- Preparation of Budget Proposals for Bfc and Monitoring of Budget
- Liaison Between Colleges and University Grants Commission
Collection of Data: Data regarding enrolment, infrastructure, staff strength, etc. from all government and private colleges is being collected through Statistics Booklet. The information is then compiled for the policy framework in the department, the state government, the central government, etc.
C. Academic Section
This section deals with the following matters:
- Formation and Implementation of Admission Policy
- Nomination of Faculty in Orientation and Refresher Programs, Seminars, Symposiums, Workshops, National and International Conferences, and Other Related Programs
- Matters Related to Student Union Election, Ydc, Nss and Ncc Programs, Sports, and Other Co-curricular Activities
- Smooth, Effective, and Fair Conduct of University Examination
- Management of Elementary Computer Education
D. Legal Section
This Section maintains a record of all legal cases filed in the Supreme Court, High Courts, Civil Court, District Courts, Session courts, or tribunals. Court-wise details, OIC-wise details, decisions and contempt cases, etc. are maintained in this section. LITES software of the Department of Justice is also being updated and monitored by the section.
E. Accounts Section
The major function is related to allocation and monitoring of budget to the Government Colleges and related offices of the Department.
This section deals with the following matters:
- Financial Reports of Budget Are Prepared on a Monthly/quarterly/annual Basis
- Salary of the Head Office of the Department
- Audits of the Accounts of Colleges and Resolve Related Issues
- Checking and Approval of All Fixation Cases of Staff of All Government Colleges
- Monitoring of All Pension Cases
- Special Audits About Embezzlements, Thefts, Misappropriation of Government Money, and Other Financial Irregularities
- Reconciliation of Expenditure of All Government Colleges, Universities, and N.s.s.
- Compliance of Internal Audit Reports, Monitoring and Compliance of a.g. Audit Reports, Draft Para, Factual Reports, and P.a.c. Recommendation.
- Auditing of the Utilization of U.g.c. Grants and Issuing Uc
- Implementation of Departmental Scholarship Schemes Like Cmhe Scholarship, Devnarayan Scooty, and Incentive Scheme, Medhavi Scooty Scholarship, Etc.
F. Administration Section
This section deals with Posting, Transfer, DPC, Screening, Seniority, Departmental Enquiries, and other related matters of Non-teaching staff of the department.
G. Private Institutions Section
This section deals mainly with issues of Private colleges:
- Processing Applications for the Opening of New Private Colleges and Giving Them Temporary Noc (Tnoc)
- Processing Applications for Permanent Noc to Private Colleges Having Tnoc
- Matters Related to Earlier Aided Colleges
- State Project Directorate (Rashtriya Uchchattar Shiksha Abhiyan)
Rashtriya Uchchattar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) is a flagship scheme, centrally sponsored by MHRD, Government of India (GOI), to be operated in mission mode. It seeks to improve the overall quality of existing state higher educational institutions. The allocation of grants under RUSA (60:40::Centre: State) is based on well-defined norms & parameters, linked to academic, administrative, and governance reforms, and on a challenge mode.
For successful implementation of Rashtriya Uchchattar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA), State Project Directorate has been established. The Commissioner, College Education Rajasthan is the State Project Director. A team of a Joint Director, a Deputy Project Director, and six Assistant Project Directors is there to assist.
This office prepares proposals for the grant under the RUSA scheme and gets the approval from the Proposal Approval Board (PAB) of MHRD, disburses the grants, and monitors the utilization of it by beneficiary institutes (Government Colleges, State Universities of Higher Technical and Sanskrit Department).
As NAAC grade has been one of the basic qualifications for receiving a RUSA grant, State Level Quality Assurance Cell (SLQAC) was formed for planning, preparing, and monitoring the colleges to be assessed and accredited by NAAC.